Join New Zealand’s leading online platform for student career pathway management. Partnered with:
What is Career Central?
Career Central gives Career Education the power of the Digital Age.
- Streamlines administrative tasks.
- Organises and stores student data into one place.
- Generates reports and lists with just a click (E.g – 14% of Year 12 students are interest in a trades career).
- Offers 24/7 access on any device by parents, students, teachers and careers advisors.
- Provides information to empower non-careers staff and parents to have career conversations with students.
- Delivers career education through an online platform, the way that students expect.
- Staff dashboard allows career educators to view and monitor individual career plans.
- Easily groups similar students by year levels, career interests and future intentions enabling targeted communication.
- Targeted communication ensures no student misses out on relevant opportunities or receives irrelevant information.
transformationalCareer Central has transformed the way Career Education is delivered to over 60,000 New Zealand students to date.
Students login to Career Central to complete modules based around the career management competencies of Self-Awareness, Opportunity Awareness and Deciding and Acting. Schools can add or remove modules to suit student year levels and students can update their responses in the modules anytime should their answers change.
Career Central organises all student responses from completed modules into the staff dashboard in real time. Careers Advisors and teachers are able to see student responses at both an individual and group level to personalise plans as well as identify patterns and commonalities.
Using student responses and Career Central’s many features, career pathways can be managed by both students and careers advisors. Career Central also empowers non-careers staff and parents so career planning can be done in class, and at home as well.
Choose Career Central
Customisable to suit your specific school and student requirements.
Built like common computer programs making it intuitive to use.
Ongoing, unlimited phone and email support. School visits by arrangement.
Designed and built by NZ Career Advisors for NZ Career Advisors.
Matamata Case Study
- Enabled school-wide education through 24/7 online access through staff and student portals.
- Students now develop career plans outside of the careers department and staff are empowered to discuss careers education with students in their classrooms.
- Transformed communication from a ‘scatter-gun’ approach to personalised and targeted ensuring no one misses out on relevant opportunities or receives irrelevant information.